Humane Society of the U.S. (HSUS) in New York State has the following priority issues for the 2013 legislative session in Albany:
- Transfer animal cruelty from Department of Agricultue and Markets law to criminal law for more effective enforcement.
- Stop the killing of sharks for their fins.
- Lessen the bad conditions at puppy mills.
- Stop the breeding and transport of feral pigs.
- Require that confinement pens for animals used for food allow the animal to stand up, lie down, turn around and stretch her/his limbs.
To learn more and find out what you can do to help, contact Brian Shapiro, N.Y.S. Director of the HSUS at email@example.com or (845)707-5350.
Events and Activist Suggestions:
UPCOMING PAR EVENT:
SUN. JUNE 9 IN THE AFTERNOON, PAR MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ARE INVITED TO WALK A NAUTRAL AREA OWNED BY A PAR MEMBER AND THEN SHARE A VEGAN POTLUCK IN HER RUSTIC HOME.
SHARING THE EARTH
SAT. JUNE 22, SAT. JUNE 29, SAT. JULY 6, SAT.JULY 13, 2013
A program in three segments: "On Nature's Terms," "Pig Picture," and "Managing Feral Cats"
"Sharing the Earth" is on from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. every Saturday on Time-Warner public access cable TV Channel 98 (which covers Onondaga County exept that Baldwinsville seldom carries the program). We air animal rights, animal welfare and environmental protection programs.